Pickle Chicken is a delicious North Indian dish, made with chicken cooked in a marinade of achar (pickle). If the chicken is cut into pieces and curd, pickle, onion, tomato, green chilli, ginger, and garlic paste is mixed in it. It is mixed with spices and cooked on low flame, due to which the taste of chicken and spices increases even more.
Achari Chicken can be made easily at home. For this, you will need some basic spices, curd, onion, tomato, green chilli, ginger, and garlic. To make this, first cut the chicken into pieces and marinate it by mixing it with curd and spices. After marination, keep it to cook on low flame and keep stirring it in between, so that the chicken gets cooked slowly and the spices get mixed well. When the chicken is cooked, add some garam masala and green coriander to it and serve it hot.
Spicy chicken can be served with roti (Chapati), naan, or rice. Its taste is very spicy and it is very easy to make.
Tips to make Achari Chicken
Tips for making chicken pickle are given below:
- spices: The use of spices is very important in Achari chicken. You can use coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, dried mango powder, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, black pepper, and salt for this dish. Spices should be mixed with spices so that every piece of chicken gets spices.
- Marinating: Marinating chicken takes a lot of time. Add curd, ginger, garlic, onion, green chilli, tomato, and pickle paste to it. After mixing the chicken in the spices, keep it to marinate for 1 hour.
- Recipe: Achari Chicken should be cooked on low flame only. Apart from this, the chicken is stirred at regular intervals so that the spices mix with the star, and the chicken is cooked with the star. After this serve hot.
- Garnishing: Sometimes we can also serve chicken pickle with some green coriander, which makes it taste even better.
- Quality of Chicken: The quality of chicken is very important for making achari chicken. Always use fresh and soft chicken, it will also make the food taste better.
- Pickle choice: Pickle choice is very important for achari chicken. You can use any spice of your choice like mango pickle, lemon pickle, or any other pickle you like. Mix spices along with salt in the pickle, due to which the taste of the pickle also improves.
- Use of oil: While making chicken pickles, oil should be used in the right quantity. You can use mustard oil, and the taste of food will also increase. The oil should be heated in the sun before cooking the chicken.
- Size of chicken pieces: The size of chicken pieces is very important. Always cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces that have been cooked with a little salt.
- Cookware: Good cookware should be used to make Achari Chicken. You can use a wok or a non-stick pan. Make sure that the chicken pieces do not touch each other in the pan.
Tips To Use Curd
The use of curd in Chicken is very useful. The curd tenderizes the chicken and gives us a sour texture and flavor. Here are a few tips you can keep in mind while making the curd-to-chicken marinade:
- amount of curd: Keeping in mind the amount of curd, we make pickled chicken. Using more yogurt makes the chicken too soft, resulting in a loose texture. If you use curd, then the chicken gets cooked with acid and its taste also gets spoiled.
- Mix the curd well: Mix the curd well, it gives a nice texture to the chicken. Beating the curd with a sharp wire will not make the health of the chicken so that curd does not form in the chicken.
- Use of curd for marination: To make Chicken, use curd for marination. Add spices to the curd and mix it in the spices. Marinate the chicken well, at least for an hour, so that the spices in the chicken become spicy.
- Cooked with curd: Curd is used to cook the chicken marinade. Cook the chicken thoroughly with curd, making the chicken tender and juicy.
Achari Chicken Recipe
- 500 grams of boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup curd (yogurt)
- 2 tbsp pickle spice (achar masala)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsun paste)
- 2 tbsp mustard oil (sarso oil)
- salt to taste
- Green coriander and green chili (for garnish)
- First of all, wash the chicken and clean it with a knife and cut it into pieces.
- Now mix curd, achar masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, mustard oil, and salt in a bowl.
- Now mix this mixture well with the chicken, so that the chicken pieces are well coated with this spice.
- Now keep this mixture in the fridge for 2-3 hours, so that the masala gets cooked inside the chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chicken dal to it.
- Cook the chicken on medium heat only and keep in mind that it should be cooked only till it turns brown.
- To use on a plate when the chicken is well cooked.
- Now add green chilies and green coriander to it for garnish and serve.
- Clean the chicken thoroughly and cut it into small pieces with a knife.
- You can buy ready-made spices from the market or make them at home for pickling. The spice used in mango pickles is very good for this.
- Beat the curd well, so that there are no lumps in it.
- A little lemon juice can also be added to the chicken masala, due to which the taste of the chicken becomes even sweeter.
- Keep the chicken in the fridge for 2-3 hours, then the pickle masala looks like a small star inside the chicken, and the chicken pieces are filled with spices.
- Chicken should be cooked on medium flame only so that it becomes brown and crispy like spring.
- If you overcook the chicken, it will dry out and may turn bitter, keeping this in mind, keep the chicken till it turns light brown.
- Use green chillies and green coriander for garnishing, so that the taste of the chicken becomes spicier.
Achari chicken is a delicious dish, but its nutritional value is also very important. It contains some nutrients and calories, which are given below:
- Calories: AchariChicken is a dish rich in calories. There are approximately 185 calories in 100 grams of Achari Chicken.
- Protein: Chicken is a good source of protein and achari chicken also contains a good amount of protein. 100 grams of achari pickle contains 20 to 25 grams of protein.
- Carbohydrates: The amount of carbohydrates in achari chicken is less. Its 100 grams contain about 1 to 2 grams of carbohydrates.
- Fat: The amount of fat in achari chicken is also very hot. There are about 12 to 15 grams of fat in 100 grams.
- Vitamins and minerals: chicken also contains some vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B6, vitamin B12, niacin, selenium, and phosphorus.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains calcium, vitamin B12, and probiotics, which are very good for digestion and the immune system. For achari chicken, the curd is used to mix the spices, and the mixture of spices gets burnt after a while.
- Mango pickle: Mango pickle is used in achari chicken, which is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. Aam ka achar gives a unique flavor to the dish and also helps in marinating the chicken with the same spices used.
- Spices: There are many spices in the spices of achari chicken, like red chili, coriander, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, etc. These spices contain high amounts of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, which are very good for your health.
- Onions and tomatoes: Onions and tomatoes are also used in achari chicken, which is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Onion and tomato give a rich texture and taste to the dish.